Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer Book: The Future of Us

     Over the summer, I read the book The Future of Us by Carolyn Mackler and Jay Asher. I felt that the book was really deatailed and good, and also told a story that had a big message in it: When you know your future, you want to change it no matter what it is. You just have to accept it and let fate decide what will happen to you.
      The beginning of the book was a little slow, but once Emma and Josh discovered facebook, the pace was alot faster. I really liked how the authors put the facebook excerpts in the facebook format because it really brought the story to life and made it more relateable and understandable to the people who use it today. I also liked how the facebook status always changed what they were going to do to make their futures just hhow they wanted it. This also relates back to how both their futures were not perfect. Emma kept changing what her fate was trying to make it better when she had a cheating husband, but it just kept getting worse.
     Josh and Emma's relashonship in the book had alot of impact on their futures. When they got in a fight, in the future theyy were no longer friends on facebook. But, when they made up their statuses would change to them making small talk. Personally, I want them to end up together in the future because that would be the best fate they could hav chosen. I think the authors foreshadowed in the end of the book a little bit that they were going to end up together when they had Josh and Emma kiss.
     Overall, thi book was a really intriging story and I LOVED the concept. It was an easy read, but I still really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment